Welcome

Welcome to the Blog that's been waiting for you. I am highly interested to hear your thoughts on any topic of discussion. Please feel free to say what you feel and suggest any recommendations you have about this Blog. Don't forget, this Blog is designed for you and you are the one that truly improves it. Please try and comment because I would like to hear what your opinion is on topics that I have written about, or any topic of your own. And bring in others to discuss as well, because two different opinions makes an argument.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Temper Tantrum

Although I have been discussing a vast amount of basketball topics, I feel that the NFL is still in a debacle over one issue that has lasted several weeks. LaDainian Tomlinson, the 2006-2007 MVP, has continued his case over the Patriots victory celebration. He claims that Bill Belichick, coach of the New England Patriots has "no class". Are you serious? Three time Super Bowl winner and the most respected coach in the present day NFL has no class? I think someone did not get enough sleep before the game.

Although I love watching Tomlinson run the ball and break records each day, I have completely lost respect for this athlete. Is he mad over the famous "Lights Out" dance that those Patriot players performed, or did his fuse go off when the Chargers watched the clock expire and their playoffs hopes retire? I think it could be a little bit of both. Moreover, Shawne Merriman should have been the one complaining, not LT. This obscene gesture that LaDainian has continued to dwell over will only hurt him and his team. Belichick, on the other hand, went on to coach the AFC to a pro bowl victory, and yes, without talking to Tomlinson. LaDainian has clearly overreacted on this situation and if anyone has no class, it's him. If Tomlinson is feeling any emotion right now it should be embarrassment because he has truly humiliated himself in-front of millions of fans. Now I don't feel that this problem will continue into the next season (at least I hope it does not), but I do see commentators and analysts discussing the hostility between LaDainian and the Patriots during their next meeting, and that is something that should not happen. It is Tomlinson's responsibility to resolve this issue once and for all. There are too many other issues involving coaching (and there are a lot of vacancies among teams) and free agency for this minor detail to blossom into a heated rivalry. This is an unnecessary matter that will only grow unless LaDainian Tomlinson proves to the public that he has "class".

3 comments:

Robert Bryant said...

Nice Blog.....I am glad you haven't completely forgot about football yet. Have you been to my site Ron?

http://nfl-draft-site.blogspot.com/

It was a 2008 NFL Draft not a 2007 that you commented on.....woops.

Martin Sandstrom said...

Well that's inaccurate. During the Pro Bowl, LT said that he and Bellichek, "kissed and made up." Where this might have been an overstatment, i see his character. I know that he is probably my second favorite football player right now in the NFL, and soon will be my favorite, so i know i have bias, but i see him as stopping this stupid shit. He talked to Bellichek and i think that he is over this. I think that he still deserves admiration, as he is an amazing football player and he is willing to be a bigger man and see when he is wrong.

His quiet and calm demeanor in the endzone also shows alot of character on his part. I think that this was a stupid mistake and that Tomlinson is over with this and will hopefully not make anoter one like this

Ron Rosenberg said...

Martin although I appreciate the comment I must disagree. Sure he said they "kissed and made up," but that has to be viewed as a way to get the press off his back. There is no doubt in my mind that when you see these two teams play again it will be all over the place. And although I do admire LT's "gentleman" touchdown dance, it does not reflect his character in such a way that this obscene gesture has. He has truly put Belichick in a spotlight he does not wish to be in and although he may regret his actions towards the Patriots celebration, he will not, under any circumstances, take back his what he has claimed.